Friday, April 2, 2010

Increase Your Hub Traffic with Backlinks


Intro

I've been on Hubpages for almost a year now, but have just recently really started getting in the weeds about SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and how to utilize backlinks to increase traffic to your articles. In this hub I explain the what, why, and how about backlinks. I also provide recommendations for my favorite backlink sites

What are Backlinks?

Backlinks are simply links from another site that link "back" to your article. For instance, if I go to digg.com and submit a new link to one of my hubs, this would be considered a backlink. The most common sites used for backlinking are known as social bookmarking sites. Social bookmarking sites are basically sites where any user can "bookmark" their favorite websites. All users can typically see other users' bookmarks and can "vote" on them if they enjoy the link. The more votes a particular link, or bookmark, receives the higher in popularity that link becomes, resulting in more traffic to the linked site

Why Use Backlinks?

There is really only one reason to use backlinks -- to increase traffic to your hub/article!

No comments:

Post a Comment